Tuesday, November 4, 2008

American Weekend

Kudos to Alexia! Please say with a slight Southern Belle accent for theatrical purposes: she's talkin' American now! Bravo to Me for not breaking The Rule. Much. Well, okay, here's the deal...I just had to say bah-oui a couple times. Right, maybe twenty times. Thirty. Who counted? I might have said merci occasionally. Then there was that time I said bonne nuit. Twice? ANYWAY. The entire weekend was fantastic! Alexia spoke or read or wrote or listened to American words, phrases and jargon for 3 days. YAY!

Alexia receiving her Certificate of Achievement:


Félicitations et bah-oui!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bonjour Pam,
I am amazed you were so speechless in French for the weekend. Perhaps it was also the anticipation of Obama's election? From the posted picture I can imagine how you must have felt as you waited ofr the result. I share an office with a Virginian who took the day off yesterday to watch with fellow Americans the day unfold. She now boasts her vote helped tip the state over to vote for Obama. I will miss her Bushisms next year though.

Pam said...

Hi Roger!
It IS amazing that I could last so long without speaking French. My French teachers have been amazed by this for years...

No worries, I think the Bushisms will be around for a long while.

xx