Monday, November 17, 2008

Behind the Hammer

My impatience shows each time I hang a picture on the wall. By the time I have considered placement, angle, height and width - which takes way too long - I am beyond ready for the hammer and nail. To avoid numerous (inevitable though) holes in the wall, Tony will race for the ruler and pencil as soon as he realizes I'm ready to pound the wall.


It's always been better, for me, to use a hammer privately. I don't have the patience for a ruler, and I don't think my use of a hammer is good for Tony's heart rate.


One problem has been not having my own hammer. I always have to borrow Tony's hammer. Which brings us to Problem Number Two: Tony's hammer is either a) no where to be found or b) he is using it.


Years ago Tony gave me my own hammer and I was delighted! Until, that is, Tony kept taking it for his own use because a) his was no where to be found or b) someone else was using it.


Eventually my hammer was lost (?) and I was sad sad sad.


The other day I needed a hammer and, as usual, I went to the garage to get Tony's. It was, as usual, a) no where to be found.


Tony gave me a hammer for my birthday...Happy Birthday to Me! And while many women (or men) may not have liked a hammer for their birthday, I said hallelujah! The thought behind the hammer is lovely. There are nails to pound in the wall because I add or rearrange wall decor more often than I should admit. And that hammer, MY hammer, is a) going into hiding because b) it is MINE! Whoo-hoo!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello our birthday girl.

Hope you've had a lovely day and enjoying being 18 again.

Congratulations on the hammer as well. Enjoy the rest of your day

Anonymous said...

Have you been singing the "Hammer Song" in your head all day too? If I had a hammer......I'd hammer in the morning............
I'd hammer up justice.....
You know me, I can't remember all of the words, so perhaps I have made some up. Anyway, you get the picture.
Happy hammering! AND Happy Birthday. Sis