Thursday, October 30, 2008

Do Not Speak French

I've been thinking all day about this weekend with our first immersion student, Alexia. Actually, I have being doing a countdown this week...hmmmm, perhaps I am overly eager? Okay, I started having some feelings of worry and doubt and then I heard Min say, ''Mom, would you scrape your esteem off the pavement, puh-lease?'' Scraped, done and dusted. By the way, when did she become the Mother?
The only rule I was given for the weekend: Do Not Speak French. um, can we all say FAT CHANCE? As if I'm going to speak French!Unless of course years of study suddenly kick in this weekend and I can't stop myself. You know how it is...you work hard at learning something and then CLICK, you ''get it'', it all makes sense. So now I'm thinking, please-don't-CLICK-with-French-just-yet. But it is highly likely I'll greet Alexia with my sing songy bonjour...can't help it, really I can't. bwah ha-ha!
Next post: all about our American Weekend - and find out if I followed that one rule...

No comments: