Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Good Stuff

The Hedgehog House gave us a wonderful holiday...no alarm clocks or church bells and nothing To Do except Enjoy!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Elsie and Michelle picked over 2 kilos of blackberries, which, by the way, turns itself into 6 Bonne Maman jars of the most delicious jam! We watched Michelle with great awe as she spun those plump juicy berries into a thick smooth jam. I even had the pleasure of taste testing through the process. It was easy to slip back into the childhood years; licking spoons and bowls and leaning into the counter for optimum viewing. Actually, I used to sit on the counter but with age, weight and gravity, leaning has become the better choice.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We went to Rennes one day to do a food and school supply shop. Much to my delight we ended up buying a tumble dryer. (I slipped that in on the Food List...heh-heh) I have been without a dryer for three years. THREE YEARS! Hurrah for moi et vous aussi because no more schlepping to the laundromat when the B&B is heaving with piles of sheets and towels and we will always have soft fluffy towels from this day forward. Amen.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Note to Min: We played an intense game of Monopoly and Momma won! YAY! The Shoe was my piece, coincidence? I say no. The Shoe is clearly the winner. I must claim it, Min. Really. Let it go...xoxo
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So. I have 6 jars of homemade jam, a shiny new tumble dryer and a recent win at Monopoly. Could life get any better? YES! We came home to a cleaner-than-I-left-it house and an awesome evening meal done and prepared by DIY B&B guests. I'm telling you, this DIY B&B business is fantastic. Who knew?
Good people and good stuff...church bells and all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"Good Stuff" is an understatement!!!
I am thrilled that you have a dryer--finally! I didn't think this day would come, as you were so sure you could get along without one. And how wonderful to come home to a clean house and a meal. Now I do believe in miracles....
love
mom