Saturday, May 31, 2008

Le Pelican


Thursday night
we went to
one of our favorite restaurants,
Le Pelican
in
Rochefort en Terre


with two
of our favorite friends,
John and Anne
(don't let that go to your head, John)

I took a photo
of every course
which pleased
everyone at the table.

okay, truth: I actually made quite a big fuss about each photo
and it was rather annoying
but...



First up:
apéritif!
We (that includes me) tucked into the nibbles
before I realized
I wanted a photo


and then I nearly forgot
my camera
for my starter!
I had to ''re-fold'' that slice of cucumber
and re-arrange the tomato and parsley...
complete chaos.




So I was READY
for my main course,
a Porterhouse Steak!
(this steak would have made Tommy VERY happy)



Dessert



and coffee
and
YES,
once again I wasn't fast enough
with the camera
for the plate of cookies.
Of course
the chocolate ones went first!
Tomorrow:
la cuisine chinoise
with Paul, Lynda, Mark and Christine.
The jury is still out as to whether or not
I bring my camera...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Enjoying food without the calories--what could be better?