Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Little Big Wish

I hope everyone reading
4 Beds in Brittany
will send a postcard...



I have a small request from all of you that requires very little effort but will mean a great deal to a sick little boy for whom a calendar has become a countdown. Diagnosed with leukemia some months ago, he is beyond treatment and to keep himself going, he has taken to collecting postcards sent from various places. He's a part of my extended family and is currently living in Poland. At just 8 years old, it's an absolute tragedy.

What I'm asking is that anyone out there who is willing to send him a postcard, email me at sioux(at)siouxfire.com and I'll send along his name and address. For him, a postcard is a source of wonder and inspiration.

And for those of you who have blogs, please feel free to duplicate this post as you see fit.


NOTE: The image above features my own son and not the person in question


All the best,
Sioux
(click on Sioux to see blog and original post)



THANKS!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Let's hope that many people email sioux.....

Betty Carlson said...

I'm a personal friend of "Sioux'" and I ran into your blog through the comment you left on his post. Funny I had never seen it before, but there are a lot of "English-speaking expats in France" blogs.

Thanks for helping with the postcard campaign and greetings from Aveyron.