Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Let's Eat!

Bistrot Des Halles
La Gacilly
So all went well with the Doc.
Turns out she spoke English
and yeah, I'm healthy...
blah, blah, blah
I am grateful
for good health
but....
blast my
language barrier!
At least my whining and wincing
and
''carrying on like a pork chop''
(as Tony says)
resulted in lunch out today!

Relieved about being Done
with that ''medical business''
and
appreciative of dining out for lunch,
I just had to snap a few photos...
Glorious sunshine,
French food,
ooh la la !

oops,
I forgot about the camera
and dug in!
This is (um, was) a French version
of Shepard's Pie -
buttery potatoes
whipped around
savory ground beef...
délicieux !

oops, oops!
Forgot the camera again.
Sorry you missed
the fancy swirl
of raspberry sauce
drizzled around the plate
and over the cake.

Good food: understood in any language.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I gained 10 lbs. just looking at that!

Anonymous said...

Food glorious food! As Oliver said, Can I have some more please?
I loved looking at the pictures of the wedding. It obviously went well for all concerned.
The picture of Le Herrison brought back memories.