Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Minus Two Beds

But I am not changing my blog title! Not yet anyway. As many of you know, I often embrace change in life (also change of life these days) and at home (ask Rosemary how many times I rearranged the sitting room in a month) so here are the latest changes...

First, the B&B. The Family Suite is now the Salon Suite. The Mindi Anne Suite has been moved to the Elsie Marie Suite which meant the elimination of two single beds and a new space for a sitting room! This idea came from having a number of long stay visitors and our desire to provide additional space, comfort and amenities for our guests. Also, the two rooms as they were had not been used much over the past year.

And then, a new adventure on the horizon took us from an idea of change to definite change...

An international organization based in Brittany had been looking for an American to provide American English immersion for their employees. C'est moi! It took me approximately three seconds to say Yes and then a ba-zillion hours more to create an immersion program. I also wanted to make a space at home for the immersion student that would include a quiet study area and a space for All Things American. Et voila, minus two beds but plus an American room. The Salon Suite means no need for the French to schlep to America!

If all goes well with this immersion program, it is highly likely that our B&B will take a back seat to that. The timing could not be better as we have been considering reducing the number of B&B reservations in 2009. The immersion program would be one, perhaps two, weekends per month - allowing more time for us to be with family, friends and our hobbies - assuming we do cut back on B&B. Theory and practice may differ, as evidenced by...
Some weeks ago I decided No More B&B for 2008. HA! Since then I have accepted a few more reservations and now I'm realizing how difficult it is to Just Say No. Is there a support group for this? Sign me up.
Many things may change but many more stay the same. As always, I am eager to start a different adventure. If only I could stop my inner child playing with matches*...
*aka hot flashes

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pam . . . Loved learning more about the immersion program! What an exciting adventure for all of you! I have no doubt that it will be a great success. It will be fun to hear about it as you move along. This is a big challenge for your wonderful, creative mind!

xxx and ooo . . . Auntie Beatsy